Taste Experiment: Chicken Strips with Jalapeño Ranch Dressing
- 1 Chicken Breast, sliced into 1/4″ think strips
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground savory
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground marjoram
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Canola Oil Spray
- 16 oz Fresh Ranch Dressing
- 1 4oz can diced jalapeño chiles
- Dissolve 1/4 cup salt in 8 cups water. Add chicken and marinate for 2 hours. Remove chicken from brine, rinse with water, and blot dry. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Make the breading by combining all breading ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk. When the oven is hot, dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture and then press into the breading. Toss each chicken piece in the breading until well-coated. Let chicken sit for 2 minutes in the breading. Shake off the excess breading and arrange on a baking sheet that has been thoroughly sprayed with vegetable oil non-stick spray.
- When all of the chicken has been breaded, spray each piece with the oil spray until the breading is completely moistened.
- Bake chicken strips for 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- While the chicken is baking, chop diced jalapeños fine. Combine Ranch dressing and chiles, mixing thoroughly.