Taste Experiment: Chicken Picatta
Stolen from my Mom over the holidays, this version of chicken picatta is a delicious work in progress. I’ll update the ingredients with more specific amount guidance as I figure it out…
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour / chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp salt / chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp pepper / chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- Angel hair pasta, 1-2 nests
- Slice or pound chicken breasts into thin strips, roughly 1/8" thin.
- Bring water for pasta to a boil.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in seasoning and brown in olive oil over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from pan to rest. (Optionally dust with seasoning a second time.)
- Add pasta to boiling water.
- Scrape remnants in pan and add: butter, lemon juice, white wine, and capers. Bring to a simmer, 10 minutes.
- Add chicken slices to sauce and simmer until hot.
Serve over angel hair pasta.