Dinner Stylings: Meatball Update
I love a good meatball, so I continue tweak and experiment with a few patterns, and this one is just a brain-dump of the latest iteration which turned out well. The red sauce can be much more complex than that here — this capture is mainly focused on the ‘balls.
- 16oz ground lamb
- 12oz ground pork
- 4 cloves pressed fresh garlic
- 6 tbsp panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ~½ cup milk (just enough to cover crumbs)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups tomato sauce
- 8-12oz egg noodles or angel hair pasta
- Place crumbs in bowl and add just enough milk to cover. Set aside
- Combine pork, lamb, and garlic, thoroughly mixing with hands.
- Add spices and bread crumbs to meat, again mixing thoroughly.
- Form meat mixture into 1″ meatballs, rolling in flour until lightly coated.
- Brown meatballs in butter over medium heat.
- While browning meatballs, bring water for pasta to boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place meatballs in small casserole dish, covering with tomato sauce.
- Bake meatballs for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- During final 10 minutes of cooking, add pasta to water and cook al dente.
Serve meatballs in sauce over pasta.