Quick and easy Italian comfort food!
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 box manicotti shells
- 4 cups (32 oz.) Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. crushed basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Cook manicotti shells for 9 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water.
- While cooking shells, break up and sauté Italian sausage in a small skillet until brown.
- Spread a small amount of marinara sauce over bottom of baking dish, roughly 13”x9”.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and salt, mixing thoroughly. Spoon filling into a pastry bag and fill cooked shells.
- Place filled shells in baking dish. Cover with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle cooked sausage over manicotti.
- Cover tightly and bake for 30-35 minutes.